This model can be used for residential or commercial purposes. Excellent for new houses, smalls businesses such as stores, gas stations, banks, offices, fire and police stations, and apartment complexes. It has room for 2 bunker beds, and it can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Size: 8’ W x 10’ L x 7’ H. 80 SF
- Capacity for 15-26 people (FEMA: 5SF/person/commercial, 3SF/person/ residential use)
- Exceeds FEMA 320, 361 and ICC 500 protocols
- Rated for EF5 tornadoes, 250 MPH winds
- Texas Tech Tested
- Passed Torshel’s Extreme Testing
- Existing concrete slab -Anchored with 30, 3/4″ diameter, 4,3/4” length HILTI bolts, one every 12″, each one with 10,000 pounds of uplift strength
- New concrete slab -Anchored with 30, 3/4″ diameter, 10” length HILTI bolts, one every 12″, each one with 20,000 pounds of uplift strength
- 1/4″ exterior skin steel plate reinforced with a 1.5″ x 3.25″ x 1/4″ channel sub frame
- 4, 8″ custom designed air vents and windows
- Bullet resistant window
- 1/4″ Precision laser cut ADA compliant door with 1.5″ x 3.25″ x 1/4″ channel reinforcement and 3 heavy-duty hinges, and 4 heavy-duty “T” shape slide locks.
- 1 wheelchair accessible door can open to the inside or outside, and can be placed on any side of the shelter.
- Cast iron door handle (included), digital lock or mechanical deadbolt lock $200
- 4 removable benches and shelves
- Electricity: LED lights battery powered
- Fire extinguisher
- Made in the USA
- Extra door $1,000
- AC duct for new construction $100
- Digital lock or mechanical deadbolt lock $200
- Portable AC: $700
- Electrical boxes $200
- Room with portable toilet and sink $1,500
Installation available anywhere in the USA. Small trip fees to be discussed with Torshel.
Concrete Slab and Anchoring Options
Designate an area of 10’ W x 12’ L x 12” H of 6,000 PSI concrete with one layer of ½” rebar every 12”. Torshel comes to install the unit, 10 days after the concrete is poured and cured.
First of all, we need to make sure that we can maneuver and move the shelter inside the building; pallet jacks and forklifts are used for this task.
Secondly, we need to make sure that the concrete slab is appropriate for the installation. If the concrete slab is not cracked, and the slab is big enough then, we will use the standard method -one 3/4” x 4, 3/4” anchor every 12”.
Outdoor safe rooms (two trips):
Torshel recommends an area of at least 12’ W x 14’ L x 10” H of 6,000 PSI concrete with one layer of ½” rebar every 12”. We will make 18-footings for the slab; each hole is 8” x 32”. By using this method, we make sure that the concrete slab will be properly anchored to the ground. For these particular units, 6 cubic yards of concrete (24,000 lb.) are used. A wheelchair ramp can be added at no extra cost. In addition, this installation method will involve two trips to the site:
- First trip: Construction of a concrete slab – After the curing process has taken place (approximately 7-10 days), a second trip is made.
- Second trip: Proceed with the actual installation of the unit.
$11,900 -Installation included anywhere in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Kentucky and Georgia. For sites located within 250 miles of the Jackson, MS, area there are no additional charges. This radius covers: Memphis, TN; Shreveport LA; New Orleans, LA; Hattiesburg, MS, Tuscaloosa, and Birmingham, AL.
Small delivery fees apply for installations over 250 miles of Jackson, MS.
If you order several units that required installation by Torshel in the East, West, North or South coast of the continental USA, the delivery fees may be waived.
$9,900-Safe Room Only
For construction companies that have the equipment to unload the unit(s) from a flatbed truck and the human resources to install the unit. Then we can send you the safe room(s) to your site, and you can install them. The units weight approximately 5,500 lbs. each. This means that you will need a 5,500lbs. or higher capacity forklift or telehandler or crane to handle the units.
Shipping charges may be from $900 to $3,000 depending on the distance. Contact us for a quote.